Thursday, July 30, 2009

This is for YOU :)



Three little birds Lyrics
Bob Marley
"Don't worry about a thing,
'Cause every little thing gonna be alright.
Singing': "Don't worry about a thing,
'Cause every little thing gonna be alright!"

Rise up this mornin',
Smiled with the risin' sun,
Three little birds PERCHED by my doorstep
Singin' sweet songs
Of melodies pure and true,
Saying', ("This is my message to you-ou-ou:")

Singing': "Don't worry 'bout a thing,
'Cause every little thing gonna be alright."
Singing': "Don't worry (don't worry) 'bout a thing,
'Cause every little thing gonna be alright!"

Rise up this mornin',
Smiled with the risin' sun,
Three little birds
PERCHED by my doorstep
Singin' sweet songs
Of melodies pure and true,
Sayin', "This is my message to you-o-o-o:"

Singin': "Don't worry about a thing, worry about a thing, oh!
Every little thing gonna be alright. Don't worry!"
Singin': "Don't worry about a thing" - I won't worry!
"'Cause every little thing gonna be alright."

Singin': "Don't worry about a thing,
'Cause every little thing gonna be alright" - I won't worry!
Singin': "Don't worry about a thing,
'Cause every little thing gonna be alright."
Singin': "Don't worry about a thing, oh no!
'Cause every little thing gonna be alright!

Fear: 1. frighten 2. to be afraid of: expect with alarm <~ the worst>~ vi: to be afraid or apprehensive <~for their lives> 3. sudden danger

Punishment: suffering, pain, or loss that serves as retribution 2. severe, rough, or disastrous treatment

There is no fear in love. But perfect love drives out fear, because fear has to do with punishment. The one who fears is not made perfect in love. 1 John 4:18 (TNIV)

You may be wondering why I wrote down a Bob Marley song, the definition of fear and punishment, and gave a verse for fear….well I will tell you why! All that we hear from the media and people these days is fear and the next thing that is going to ‘get us’. I don’t know about you but I’m tired of it!!! We have a choice!

When I was reading 1 John 4:18 and the part that says, “….because fear has to do with punishment,” popped out at me; a light went on and I said to myself, “Every time I fear or worry about something, anything, I am punishing myself. Why do we do that to ourselves, oh why!?! Because we forget or don’t realize how much God loves us and wants to take care of us. In Isaiah 41:10 it says, “So do not fear, for I am with you, do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.” God is good and loves us….all He wants to do is hold our hand and help us through our stuff and life so we won’t have fear and give ourselves punishment. In Hebrews 13:5-6 it says, “I’ll never let you down, never walk off and leave you,” we can boldly quote, God is there, ready to help; I’m fearless no matter what. Who or what can get to me?”(Message)

I just recently heard the Bob Marley song, “Three Little Birds”, and it reminded me of Matthew 6:25-27 (TNIV), “Therefore I (Jesus) tell you, do not worry about your life. What you will eat or drink; or about your body. What you will wear. Is not your life more important than food, and the body more important than clothes? Look at the birds of the air, they do not sow or reap or store away in barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not much more valuable than they? “Can anyone of you by worrying add a single hour to your life?” We need to stop buying in to the fear the news and people around us are saying!!!! If God is going to give food and shelter to a bird think how much more He wants to take care of you! He loves you and there is no punishment with God because of what Jesus did on the cross for us!!! “For God so Loved the world that He gave His one and only son, that whoever believes in Him shall not perish but have eternal life. 17 For God did not send His son (Jesus) into the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through Him/ John 3:16-17 (TNIV).
Let’s choose the perfect love of God and Jesus and let them drive out all fear!!! No more punishing ourselves! We are more valuable than to do that to ourselves and others. The next time fear tries to come to you tell yourself, “I will not allow punishment in my life.” So turn off your TV and ‘fear talk’ and remember this, “The fear of human opinion disables; trusting in God protects you from that.” Proverbs 29:25 (Message).

I will not fear,
ManaRose

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com