Friday, January 7, 2011

Borrowed Offenses....

I've been thinkng about stuff....borrowed offenses, letting go, & rest ...... sooo I thought I would write about it : ) First off, I don't know everything...go figure ; ) so bare with me. I pray the Holy Spirit reveals to you what you need to see and what I need to write!

So lets begin with borrowed offenses. Have you ever heard that term before? I first heard it from a man named Vic Porter. If you find yourself reading this and you start saying that's me, me, me...then I would recommend going to:http://www.iswlive.com/pages/ISW-Vic-Porter-Products.html and buying the book Borrowed Offenses.

I like to look words up in the dictionary...so that is what I did:

Borrowed
borrow |ˈbärō; ˈbôrō|verb [ trans. ]take and use (something that belongs to someone else) with the intention of returning it.

Offenses
offense |əˈfens|noun annoyance or resentment brought about by a perceived insult to or disregard for oneself or one's standards or principles

Example's of borrowed offenses~
Example:
Bob says to Jane, "Guess what Fred said about me." Bob tells Jane. Jane takes, uses, accepts, and allows what Bob said to affect, consume, become apart of her. Guess what....next time Jane sees Fred what do you think Jane is thinking about.....what Bob said Fred said about him.

Example:
Pete's friend told him, "Bill is so hurtful, mean, and not a good person." Pete takes, uses, accepts, and allows what his friend told him to affect, consume, and become apart of him. He thinks about it all the time. Tells himself (Pete), " I'm never EVER going to have anything to do with Bill!".......because why?....because of what his friend told him.

There are soooo many more examples and I'm sure while reading this you have thought of some yourself. Borrowed offenses happen everyday! People are in jail because of borrowed offenses, relationships that should have happen didn't because of borrowed offenses. Relationships that were and still should be aren't because of borrowed offenses.

Lets look back over the definitions: borrow- take and use something that belongs to someone else...key words, "belongs to someone else", not YOUR stuff...THEIR stuff. God did not create you to take on someone else's burden....Jesus paid to high a price! With the definition offense, "perceived" popped out at me...which means- interpret or look on (someone or something) in a particular way....what if the way we see something, the offense, really isn't even one at all! We see things the way we want to see them! “The fear of human opinion disables; trusting in God protects you from that.” Proverbs 29:25 (Message) What if we looked to God instead of blabbing our mouths to each other! Can you image the friendships that would be had! Friendships that would not be lost! The life that would bring!

It is time to LET GO of borrowed offenses! You maybe saying, "Amanda, how do I do that?" REST....rest in what Jesus did! Have you ever noticed when you allow yourself to recognize God's presence ( which is always with us) you don't think about anything else but Him. It is like the cares of this world are washed away...that is what resting in Him will do......it will cause you to see what is important! Not some borrowed offense!
Listen to this song and allow the Lord to speak to you : ) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7gytKkritU0

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com