Monday, April 30, 2012

Whatcha Sayin….

I love to sing! I'm a shower singer, a car singer, and really an anywhere singer. It's just my thing. Since I've become a momma sometimes I wonder if I sing more to Jozie then I talk to her : ) Well, last night I was doing my usual singing around the house. My song for the evening was 'Have Thine Own Way Lord'. I sang it off and on but not for very long. We had supper, I started to clean up the kitchen, and Chris went to go give Jozie a bath. So as I'm cleaning up dinner what do I hear but my sweet husband singing 'Have Thine Own Way Lord' to Jozie...sweetest thing ever! Have I mentioned my husband is HOT...ok ok I'll go on ; ) But in that moment the Lord showed me something....WORDS ARE POWERFUL!!! Whether we sing them or talk them! You know why words are soooo powerful because we can hear/see them and where do they go but straight to our hearts. God reminded me, last night, the verse in Proverbs 18:21-The tongue can bring death or life; those who love to talk will reap the consequences. I know Chris is sooo use to me singing that now if I sing he probably doesn't even think about it, BUT do you see what happened!?! I sang words, Chris knowingly or unknowingly received those words, and then what was in his heart come out. So my question to you is, whatcha sayin? To yourself, to your husband/wife, to your children, to your friends and family? Are you speaking LIFE or DEATH over them/ to them? In Luke 6:45, it says, "45 A good person produces good things from the treasury of a good heart, and an evil person produces evil things from the treasury of an evil heart. What you say flows from what is in your heart." What are you saying about/to yourself: I'm ugly/fat, I'll never be fit, I can't, I get sick all the time that's just what I do, well you know it's that time of the season I'm definitely going to get that, my mate hates me, my children don't love me, I'm alone, my friends and family don't care about me. I'll have this problem the rest of my life, this always happens to me. STOP SPEAKING DEATH!!!!! START SPEAKING LIFE!!!! What are you saying about/to your husband/wife: we'll never make it, he/she doesn't love me, you should be with someone else, I don't know why you're with me. STOP SPEAKING DEATH!!!! START SPEAKING LIFE!!!! What are you saying about/to your children: my kids are spoiled brats, they're growing like weeds, you can't figure that out, you'll never be good enough. STOP SPEAKING DEATH!!!!! START SPEAKING LIFE!!!! What are you listen to on the radio? What kind of music are you daily allowing to penetrate your heart? What shows are you watching on TV? Are you watching desperate housewives/ lifetime shows? What are you looking at on the internet? When you talk on the phone or even in person to someone what are you saying and how are you acting?.... are your children with you/ around you? Do you talk bad about your mate to your friends? Do you talk bad about your mate in front of your children? Are you hanging out with people that speak life or death? Remember in Proverbs 18:21-The tongue can bring death or life; those who love to talk will reap the consequences. Now, this verse does not say God will bring life or death it says you will/your tongue... what you say will bring about life or death consequences. One of my friends posted this saying as her status the other day: 'Watch your thoughts, for they become words. Watch your words, for they become actions. Watch your actions, for they become habits. Watch your habits, for they become character. Watch your character, for it becomes your destiny.' I don't know about you but I want what I say to bring life and not death! I think one way to start getting out of 'death talk' is to be THANKFUL! I would recommend sitting down sometime and writing what you are thankful for!...about you, your spouse, your children, your friends and family and post it somewhere that you will see daily. Can you imagine your mate seeing a list of all the things you are thankful for about him/her! What if you even started saying to him/her what you loved/ were thankful for about him/her!?! Ever since Jozie was really little I tell her, " You are fearfully and wonderfully made by the Creator of the Universe, you are loved and highly favored, you have everything you need and want, you are loved by the Savior!" Speak life to your children! Ask the Lord what should I speak over my child this day, this week, this year...and start doing it! Now is the time to stop watching that 'death' show on TV or that song that you love but know it really isn't doing anything but bringing death. Or what about that friend that just feeds your 'death talk'? Ask God to help you speak life and not death and to show you when you're speaking death. I don't know where you are at in your life. You maybe saying, "You have know idea what I'm going through, etc." And that is true, but one thing I know is that we are responsible for ourselves. There maybe chaos all around us, but we have a choice to think and speak life or death. I'll leave you with a verse and pray we see, think, and choose life over death! Philippians 4:8 The Message (MSG) 8-9Summing it all up, friends, I'd say you'll do best by filling your minds and meditating on things true, noble, reputable, authentic, compelling, gracious—the best, not the worst; the beautiful, not the ugly; things to praise, not things to curse. Put into practice what you learned from me, what you heard and saw and realized. Do that, and God, who makes everything work together, will work you into his most excellent harmonies.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com